Winter School 2019
Winter School 2019
Try cool new activities during
your short winter break!
Fun learning activities for all skill levels
We can start with basics like using a mouse and typing,
so even kids who have never used a PC or tablet are welcome.
Discover new interests through all kinds of activities
You can learn more than just programming at TECH PARK.
With activities from digital fab to design and art,
Kids are sure to find new passions.
Flexible scheduling to meet your family’s needs
You don’t need to come to ever day of Winter School.
Choose days to attend that fit with your family trips and schedule.
Activities & Schedule
For kids new to playing with tech
These activities are designed for kids who are new to using computers, craftmaking, and such. On programming days, we start with the very basics of using computers like using a mouse and keyboard, so even complete beginners are welcome.
For kids who want to play with lots more tech!
These activities are designed for kids who are ready to try some new challenges. As the name implies, kids can try more advanced techniques compared to the basic course.
All kinds of fun Winter School Calendar
*Activities may change
Materials & Equipment
- A visual programming language that can make your drawings move. Useful for teaching programming to kindergarten and early elementary-aged children.
- A visual programming language for kids developed at MIT. Learn the principles of programming through connecting puzzle-like pieces to write code.
- Micro computer boards developed for educational use that you can connect to all sorts of sensors, LEDs, speakers, and more. Perfect for introductory electronics.
- Simple to learn 3D modeling software that can export models to our 3D printer.
- Print out all sorts of objects. You can even print out parts to use in electronics projects or other crafts.
- Just create a design and send it to the laser cutter to engrave your art onto a variety of materials.
- Free online presentation software. Kids learn explain the story behind their projects and learn valuable presenation skills.
Pricing & Terms
|Enrollment fee||20,000 JPY
*For new TECH PARK users only
|Usage fee||8,500 JPY /day (9:30–18:00)
*A separate materials fee is required for some activities.
*Require advance notice
|Extended hours||AM extended hour (8:30–9:30): 1,000 JPY
PM extended hour (18:00–19:00): 1,000 JPY
Dinner included extended time (18:00–20:00): 2,600 JPY
|PC rental||2,000 JPY /day
*Rental PCs are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
|Lunch fee||600 JPY /meal|
|Taxi service||Actual fare|
|Ages||K–6th (6–12 years old)
*Please consult us regarding middle schoolers
|Class size||Basic course (K-4th): 30 students|
Advanced course (4–6th, middle schoolers): 10 students
|Facilities||Toilet, handwashing station, shower, water cooler, AC,
rest area, flooring and carpeting, books
|How to apply||Attend an info session to receive application materials.
Submit your application materials and send your payment to complete enrollment process.
*Those who have used TECH PARK previously can register online.
|Application period||TECH PARK members: Opens 10/1 (Tue)
Non-members: Opens 11/2 (Sat)
First cut-off: 11/30 (Sat)
Final cut-off: 12/15 (Sun)
*May end early if all spaces are filled.
|Info session/trial lesson dates||6 members per session|
11/2 (Sat) 11:00–12:00, 14:00–15:00
11/9 (Sat) 11:00–12:00, 14:00–15:00
11/16 (Sat) 11:00–12:00, 14:00–15:00
11/23 (Sat) 11:00–12:00, 14:00–15:00
12/1 (Sun) 11:00–12:00, 14:00–15:00
|Things to prepare||
A laptop for your child to use with the following specs:
How to Register
Space is limited, so register to attend an info
session with your child soon!
- Step 1 Info Session
- Step 2 Apply
- Step 3 Start!
My daughter can be quick to start then drop new activities, but she’s still doing the things she's learned at TECH PARK at home even now that the new school year has started. I'm so grateful to TECH PARK for lighting that fire in my daughter!
As always, my son is very satisfied with TECH PARK. He seems inspired by all the different projects the other children make. Thank you.
My child started with zero experience with computers, but they've gained new skills with each lesson. Having pros teach the lessons is wonderful, and my child loves interacting with their teachers.